I haven’t written a blog here for about a year, which is an indication of where the Digital, Communities and Channels team here at the Department of Health and Social Care has been at: quietly getting our house in order. The department went through a restructure in early 2017, and as a result of this, 10 of the total 13 team members have joined in the last year.
As well as lots of recruiting, we have been defining what we are here for, coming up with the following mission:
- We work to clearly explain and engage people in the department's policies
- Our mission is to put the user at the heart of our work, and deliver channels, content and engagement approaches that meet the needs of our internal and external users
- We base all of our decisions on insight and constantly strive to innovate and improve the way we work
This mission covers our work on digital content, channels, engagement and also product management, which is a new function within the team.
I’m currently writing our team objectives for 2018 to 2019. There are some big projects in there, including:
- transforming our content on GOV.UK and our intranet
- developing a roadmap for our intranet to become a social intranet
- developing our approach to consultation and engagement
The team and I will write more on these projects as they develop, so watch this space.