THIS VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED
We are looking to recruit a media evaluation officer (social media). The role is to work within the DH digital team, to help us develop the way we monitor and evaluate social media.
It’s a really great role and given that Alex Aiken, Head of Government Comms, has declared it the year of evaluation for government – a really important one.
It’s a civil service grade HEO role with a salary of £29,992 - £31,582. It’s advertised openly, so you don’t need to be a civil servant to apply. It’s a fixed-term appointment until March 2014. The closing date for applications is 9 July.
Here’s an extract from the job spec:
You will provide insight and evaluation to help plan, improve and report on the communications activity of the Department of Health. You will monitor daily activity in digital channels, filter conversations and analyse trends in social media, and report on key performance indicators for communications objectives. You will work with the Digital team and the Communication strategy team.
Key accountabilities for the role:
To provide a digital monitoring and evaluation service for the Communications Division, focussing on the impact of communications work around department priorities.
Key requirements for the role:
• Report on the daily impact of policy engagement campaigns, working with colleagues in the digital and communication strategy teams
• Provide reporting templates and other mechanisms to share digital insight with policy and communications colleagues in the department
• Work with the Communications strategy team to set, monitor and report on KPIs for Department of Health communications objectives
• Conduct research to provide insight to help plan communication activity
• Conduct research into the effectiveness of digital communications activity and channels, for example by looking at analytics, search terms and other digital data
This vacancy is available as a 9 month fixed term opportunity only.
If you have experience of using social media monitoring tools and are used to reporting data in interesting ways, this is the role for you.